This tutorial will help you edit or create a new CNAME record for a domain that you are hosting with Register.com.
- 1.) Log in to your account on the Register.com web site
- 2.) Open the “My Accounts” tab, and select the domain that you would like to use to host your portfolio
- 3.) In the Advanced Technical Settings area, select Edit Domain Alias (CNAME)
- 4.) In the first box to the left of your domain enter an alias name that you would like to use such as portfolio or photography. This will be the subdomain that you point to your portfolio as in portfolio.yourname.com
- 5.) Input hosted.daportfolio.com in the box to the right. This is the host that your CNAME will point to
- 6.) Click Continue and Confirm your selections
- 7.) Your CNAME is now configured and should be pointing to your Portfolio. Please note that CNAME changes are not immediate and may take a few hours to propagate. You will still be able to view and edit your portfolio through the portfolio management page